Wednesday, November 14, 2012

There is Power in the Blood

God is so good.  It is such a privilege to share his goodness with our children and to teach them that he is strong and powerful.  He can do anything!

Yesterday my middle daughter suddenly experienced terrible pain in her belly.  One minute she was fine and the next she could barely walk.  I always become alarmed with her because she had medical conditions when she was a baby and had a hernia for a very long time.  I told her to give it some time to see if it would go away.  I thought maybe it was just pain in her stomach.   However, she was in excruciating pain.  I then asked her is she could make it upstairs to my bed and she said no she would go to the couch.  I left her, thinking I would give it more time while I take my shower because we were already running late for a program at my son's preschool.  Upstairs God asked me why I had not asked him to help her.  Well what can you say to that?  I am always trying to teach my kids to put God first and to ask him for help.  How quickly we forget when it's not in the framework of our bible lessons.  So I went downstairs and called my oldest daughter over.  My middle daughter was basically in the fetal position in pain.  She said it was not getting better but worse.  I told my oldest that God instructs us to pray.  We laid hands on her and confessed "by his stripes we are heal", "when you are sick call the elders of the church ...", and any other scriptures that came to mind.  Both my daughter and I prayed over her and stood in agreement.  The blood of Jesus is powerful!

I left her on the sofa still in pain and ended the prayer saying by faith we believe you have healed her.  I went upstairs to finish getting showered and dressed.  By the time I came back downstairs she was up smiling and playing with her brother and sister.  I asked her how she was doing and she said, "Mommy it went away."  I smiled at her and said "isn't God good?"  She smiled back.


This is what it is all about.  We have to show our children God is real.  Not someone allocated for Sunday mornings but he is concerned about every detail of our lives.  Christ shed his blood so we could have life and life to it's full.  Please be encouraged today to go to God with your children's problems and afflictions so they will also get to know and trust our wonderful Savior.

Below is a song I grew up with that was in my heart this morning.  Please be encouraged:

  1. Would you be free from the burden of sin?
    There’s pow’r in the blood, pow’r in the blood;
    Would you o’er evil a victory win?
    There’s wonderful pow’r in the blood.
    • Refrain:
      There is pow’r, pow’r, wonder-working pow’r
      In the blood of the Lamb;
      There is pow’r, pow’r, wonder-working pow’r
      In the precious blood of the Lamb.
  2. Would you be free from your passion and pride?
    There’s pow’r in the blood, pow’r in the blood;
    Come for a cleansing to Calvary’s tide;
    There’s wonderful pow’r in the blood.
  3. Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow?
    There’s pow’r in the blood, pow’r in the blood;
    Sin-stains are lost in its life-giving flow;
    There’s wonderful pow’r in the blood.
  4. Would you do service for Jesus your King?
    There’s pow’r in the blood, pow’r in the blood;
    Would you live daily His praises to sing?
    There’s wonderful pow’r in the blood.


Be Blessed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Please when commenting do not use my children's full names. Thanks!