Monday, February 4, 2013

My Perfectly Imperfect Life

Last week I had a conversation with my sister about blogs and how we just can't figure out how some moms just do it all.  Then she made the comment that if you look at my blog you get the impression that I have the perfect homeschool, the perfect clean house, and we take all of these perfect family field trips all the while making homemade bread and jam everyday.

It was all I could do not to control my laughter because perfection and me are worlds apart.  We always like to show the world our best but in doing so please rest assured that even as I write this post my laundry is falling out of the laundry basket, the kids are still sleep and homeschool should have started 10 minutes ago, and I have a pile of to do's waiting for me that I know I can't possibly get done.
I'm waiting for the laundry fairy to come and save me :-)
Wake Up!!!  School started 10 minutes ago...

Nobody's life is perfect.  Blogs help us put our best foot forward and are a great way for us to share what has worked in our homes with the rest of the world.  I can honestly say I don't think I would be able to do as much as I do if it was not for all the tips and advice I have read from other bloggers.

However, in showing the world our best I think it can be helpful every now and then to show the world that super mom does not exist.  She's a myth.  No one has it all together and nobody's perfect.  So please stay encouraged in whatever you are doing today.  Whether it is making your own homemade bread or thanking God for the drive thru :-)

Be Blessed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Please when commenting do not use my children's full names. Thanks!