Monday, July 9, 2012

Guest Post - Trusting God as My Father - Grace to Endure Blog


Today I am pleased to have a guest post from my wonderful sister.  Check her out over at Grace to Endure.


 Trusting God as My Father
It is amazing the things that you realize when you are watching children play. As I was sitting in the carpool line waiting for my son to be dismissed from school today, I rolled down my window only to hear the sounds of children screaming, yelling, and laughing. I looked up and saw children running around playing and smiling…without a care in the world. My mind then filled with images of my own beautiful children; my pre-teen sleeping peacefully in his bed at night, my toddler running to me with his arms reaching out. Our children trust in us. They don’t worry if whether or not they will be clothed, or fed. They know that they will be taken care of and that they are loved and wanted.



Then I thought to myself, “Isn’t that the way I should be with my Heavenly Father”? What happens to us that we learn not to trust Him?

Life.

When circumstances arise in our lives and things don’t go according to our plans, most of us allow those circumstances to cause us to distrust God. This leads to all kinds of anxious feelings. We can have thoughts that overtake us and even affect our health. However, God’s word tells us NOT to allow ourselves to be anxious about anything.


“Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you Why do you have so little faith?

“And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

“So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.

Luke 12:22-32

I have had many difficult situations in my life. Some of them I was able to readily give them to the Lord, but there have been others that have caused me to feel anxious. I have found that trusting God to handle the situation always results in peace.

Peace: harmony; undisturbedness from fears, agitating passions, and moral conflicts (Amplified Bible)

Selah ...

If you enjoyed this post visit my sister's blog at Grace to Endure

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Please when commenting do not use my children's full names. Thanks!